Douglas Smith M.D.
‣ Dr. Smith is a graduate of the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine and completed his residency training in Emergency Medicine at Einstein Medical Center Philadelphia.
‣ He is Board Certified by the American College of Emergency Physicians, and sits on the Board of its Connecticut chapter. He currently practices in the state and serves as Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine at the University of Vermont.
‣ As the son, grandson, and nephew of merchant mariners, and a lifelong sailor himself, Dr. Smith is excited to be helping mariners in need of medical attention in North America.
‣ Board Certified in Emergency Medicine
‣ Over a decade of clinical experience
‣ Residency at Einstein Medical Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
‣ Medical School at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
‣ Master's Degree from Boston University Medical School
‣ Bachelor of Science in Neuroscience from St. Lawrence University
‣ Long family history of merchant marine sailing and surveying